Saturday, July 9, 2011

Anna in Cana....da

Well, we got to Quebec City safely. Our flight into Quebec was fun because we had individual TVs and I got to watch Never Say Never again!!



We arrived around 10:30 last night, and after grabbing our bags (which all arrived, thank goodness) and exchanging money, we took a taxi to our cute little hotel.


Hannah Rachel and I are rooming together. Here are a few pics of our lovely room. 


We have to take a creepy, back staircase to get to it...


But the view from the hotel's balcony is amazing.



We unloaded everything and immediately walked to the closest food source, which just happened to be a 24 hour Chez Mac Do (McDonalds). Ordering in French at McDonalds was one of the most terrifying things I've ever done. I felt like they were judging me for not being able to order correctly in French. Next time I go, I'll follow Martin's ways and simply say "Je voudrais le meme chose." After eating, we went back to the hotel and passed out. 

Today, we got up and walked around the city for a while...


before we went out to eat as a group at a wonderful restaurant. I don't think I've had food that good in a long time! I had beef tartar and they brought us out a dessert plate that was to die for.


After lunch, we walked around some more, going to see some of the Festival d'Ete stages, and finally returning to the hotel lobby from which I'm posting this fabulous blog. Tonight, we plan to go see Elton John. None of us particularly like him, but we are going simply to say that we have seen him in concert. Look for a new post soon!!

Au Revoir! 

1 comment: