Monday, July 11, 2011

Bus Line 87 to Loretteville: The route that will never be traveled again


Today, our class started. I am definitely more rusty than I thought I was going to be. I will definitely be studying during some of our free time. Hannah Rachel and I are partners. She is the “advanced” student and I am the “beginner” student, and I am perfectly fine with that because I need some serious refreshing. For lunch, we started eating our groceries we picked up yesterday. My peanut butter sandwich was pretty good, if I do say so myself.


This afternoon, Hannah Rachel, Andrew, and I decided to take the bus out to La Pyramide to see if they were pre-selling Harry Potter tickets for Friday. After battling the rain again, we finally made it, only to find out that they are not pre-selling them. We then decided to go to the mall to buy folders for class. Well that was just not in the cards for us. We got on the right bus, but we were going the wrong way. We ended up in the outskirts of Quebec, and we then realized that the bus sign said Loretteville. We THOUGHT that the bus would just make a loop and take us back to where we wanted to go, but when we were the last people left and the driver pulled over and turned off the bus, we knew we were in trouble. 


He said some stuff to us in French, and if Andrew had not been with us, we would have had a hard time communicating. He reluctantly took us a little farther to another bus stop after we told him we were extremely sorry, and that we had made an honest mistake. 2 hours later, we finally made it to the mall. The only reason we went was to buy folders for our class. Those folders are going to get a lot of use out of them if I have anything to say about it.

In total, we spent around 4 hours, most of which was on the bus, trying to buy Harry Potter tickets and folders. It was an interesting afternoon, for sure. When we finally got back to the Old City, we went to eat at a pizza place. Very uncharacteristically of me, I ordered what I thought was going to be pesto pasta with goat cheese. They gave me the worst thing I could possibly ask for. Spaghetti. I absolutely hate spaghetti, and that’s what they gave me. I even asked if they gave me the wrong thing, and our waitress told me that I was mistaken and that I had what I ordered.


I don't know about anyone else, but that looks like spaghetti to me. In all, it has been an extremely long and eventful day. I’m glad it happened, but at the same time, I can’t wait to get in bed after Hannah Rachel and I tackle our homework for the night.

Bon soir!!

No comments:

Post a Comment