Saturday, July 30, 2011

Less than 24 hours and counting!!


So today is our last day here, and what did I do? I slept until 12. Well I did get up at 9:30 to get breakfast before it ended, but I went straight back to bed afterwards. Hannah Rachel and I have done everything we wanted to while here, so I won’t say we’re bored, but we just don’t have anything else to do. So I slept late.

Yesterday, we took our final. YAY!! I made a 99 on it, so I'm definitely a happy camper. After the test, Hannah Rachel and I went to the Museum of Civilization. I like museums, but this museum had so much stuff and we just weren’t in the mood for walking through a museum. I do think that we should have gotten bonus points on our test though. We went to a museum without being made to.


The flag of Quebec


Hockey, eh??

After the museum, we decided to go out to the mall again. We swore after the last time we went with Alex and it closed at 5 that we were not going to go again. However, we had nothing else to do, so we took the bus out there. We went to H & M to find 2 specific dresses, and we didn’t end up getting either of them. We then went to Zellers to buy a picture frame for the cute couple that runs the hotel we are staying at. We bought a 5x7 frame, and when we went to print out a picture for it, we found out that only 4x6 pictures could be printed out instantly. So on Monday, after we get home, I will be receiving calls about pictures that I ordered that had to be sent off to be printed. Oh well. We ended up buying a new 4x6 frame and just printed out a 4x6 picture. It’s so cute.


Left to Right:
Top: Max, Martin, and Drew
Middle: Amanda, Holly, Hannah Rachel, Delia, Katie, and Elisa
Front: Money (the dog), Allie, Candace, Thierry, Sil/Siv (not sure), Tracy, and Me

Last night, Hannah Rachel and I went out to dinner for the last time while we’re here. We ate at this really good restaurant called Mike’s or something, but I didn’t take any pictures of our food. Sorry :(  Ha

After dinner, the people in our group that stayed here this weekend (a couple people drove to Montreal) went out to Le Drague. We decided to be adventurous. The only word to describe the trip is: INTERESTING. As Hannah Rachel told me, I can now check it off my life experiences list. I didn’t even know going to a drag show was on my list until last night. Anyways...

Today, as I said, I slept until 12. Hannah Rachel’s cousin and his fiancé were in town today, so I was on my own this afternoon. I decided to go eat poutine at Chez Ashton one last time before we leave Canada in the morning. After lunch, I walked around for a little while trying to decide what to spend my last Canadian dollars on. I chose to spend most of it on macaroons from Paillard. Those macaroons were definitely worth the $10 that I spent on 6 of them.


Chocolate, caramel, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, banana/chocolate = best macaroons EVER

After getting the macaroons, I came back and took a short 2 hour nap, and when I woke up, Hannah Rachel was back. We decided to spend the very last of our money on margaritas and chips from the great Mexican place here. After drinks, we ate pizza with the cute little owners of our hotel. We decided to buy them dinner because they have done so much for us and I’m pretty sure we’ve taken a lot more of their food than they expected us to :) Oh well.

Hannah Rachel and I are now completely packed (I’ve been packed for 2 days) and ready for bed. The rest of the group is going out tonight since it’s our last night here, but we are going to bed as soon as the light show that plays every night is over. I can’t believe that I will be back in Starkville in less than 24 hours. I’m so excited! The next time I blog, which will be my absolute last time, I will be back in the comforts of my apartment. I can’t wait :) Anyways…we leave our hotel at 6 AM in the morning, so tomorrow is definitely going to be a long day, but we’re excited!


A Bientot!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your A! And those macaroons look devine!

    ReplyDelete