Monday, July 25, 2011

T-minus 6 days until Starkvegas

So here I am again. I am sitting myself down to write this post, and it is taking everything I have not to open up a new tab to Facebook or Twitter. When I started this blog, this was fun. Now, I equate writing these posts to writing a literature analysis or maybe pulling teeth. The latter is worse for me, but every person hates different things. Oh well.

So Saturday, after I finally posted about last week, Hannah Rachel and I were supposed to go to the city across the river, but we decided to sleep in instead :) Later though, Hannah Rachel and I took Alex out to the mall. Little did we know, but the mall closed at 5 pm. What mall closes at 5 on a Saturday?? The only thing that I absolutely needed to buy while we were there was a carry-on suitcase. We literally had to jog through 2 of the malls to make it to a suitcase store. We made it there at 4:58. I have never made a decision so fast. I picked out and paid for my new suitcase in less than 2 minutes. The owner of the store had the audacity to say, "It's fine that you came in so late, but only because you bought something." I left happy that I had a suitcase, but I will not be returning to his store anytime soon.

Saturday night, my dad, Alex, Hannah Rachel, and I went to eat dinner at the Chateau Frontenac. I only took a few pictures before we went into the restaurant, but it killed us not to be able to take pictures of all of our food. We know better than to look like tacky tourists who have never been to a nice restaurant before.


We thought that this was the only menu, and we were very scared. The only items on this menu were ostrich, emu, and loin of red deer, but thankfully there was a larger menu inside. 


The view from the restaurant. 

For dinner, we had salmon tartar, Caesar salad made at our table (it was especially interesting for me, since I just learned how to make homemade Caesar dressing!), sorbet (this was supposed to be a "palate cleanser, but it was mango, cinnamon, and pepper flavored. Gross!), steak, creme brulee, and bananas foster. Needless to say, we were very full as we walked back to our hotel. 

Sunday morning, we slept in again. Around lunchtime, a few of our group (Allie, Tracy, Candace, Hannah Rachel, Drew, and me) rode the bus out to the waterfall we went to last weekend. It turned out to be a beautiful day, so being outside by the river was a lot of fun.


Making the hike up the river from the waterfall.


Everyone else had the same idea as us. 


A few of us decided to try and walk across part of the river to a small rock "island." It was quite dangerous.


We made it across!!


The group that ventured out hiking (minus Drew).

Sunday night, a group of us (plus my dad and sister) went out to the Mexican restaurant here. It was good, but it wasn't as good as the first time we ate there. Hannah Rachel and my dad got the biggest (and most expensive) nachos I've ever seen. After dinner, we went and got dessert, and then I said my farewells to my dad and sister, since they left at 4:30 this morning. There was no way I was going to get up that early to say goodbye. I guess I'm just a terrible daughter. 

Today, we had class, just like every other week day. I know that this whole trip is for the class and everything, but we are seriously tired of class. And who wouldn't be?? Summer school is no fun, especially if you are in another country, but we only have 6 full days until we get back to Starkvegas for rush recruitment week(s). I wouldn't say that I'm homesick. The title of this post makes it sound like I am, but I think I'm just ready to be done with class and tests.

All we did this afternoon was buy the rest of the souvenirs we needed to get for people, work on projects (Hannah Rachel), and watch all the TV shows that we're behind on (that would be me. ha). Nothing real eventful. At least I made myself blog. Maybe I'll blog within the next few days. That might be a wishful thought, but I really will try. Later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment